B.S. in Human Resources Management
Students are required to complete the following courses:
- Business school core courses
- A globalization course
- Courses required for the human resources management major
- Designated liberal arts courses
|Business School core||(27)|
|ACCT 101||Principles of Accounting I|
|ACCT 102||Principles of Accounting II|
|MGMT 203||The Legal Environment of Business|
|MGMT 211||Managing Team and Organizational Behavior|
|MKTG 221||Marketing Principles|
|FINA 315||Introduction to Corporate Finance|
|MGMT 357||Information Technology Management|
|MGMT 409||Operations Management*|
|MGMT 432||Strategic Management*|
|Choose one:||ECON 340C International Economic Policy|
|FINA 413 International Banking and Finance|
|MGMT 312 International Business Management|
|Courses required for the human resource management major||(18)|
|HRMG 275||Human Resource Management|
|HRMG 338||Staffing Human Resources|
|HRMG 339||Rewarding and Maintaining Human Resources|
|HRMG 348||Developing Human Resources|
|Choose two:||MGMT 340 Leading Change|
|MGMT 345 Applied Management Research|
|MGMT 346 Leadership Not-for-Profit|
|HRMG 483 Special Topics in HRM|
|HRMG 491 Internship in HRM|
|COMM 352/PSYC 352 Group Dynamics|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences
(some of which may fulfill the College Core)
|COMM 253||Business Communication|
|CSCI 150||P4 Introduction to High Technology|
|ECON 105C||P3 Principles of Microeconomics|
|ECON 106C||P3 Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECON 221||SQ Statistics I|
|MSTI 130C||SQ Mathematical Modeling and Quantitative Analysis**|
|REST 386D||Morality in Business***|
|Additional liberal arts and sciences courses to total 60 credits|
*These courses must be taken at St. John Fisher College.
**MATH 112C or 120C may be substituted for MSTI 130C.
***PHIL 273C may be substituted for REST 386D.
Notes on the human resources management requirements:
- At least half of the courses for the human resources management major—including the business school core, the globalization course, and human resources management required courses—must be taken at St. John Fisher College.
- Students should pay careful attention to course prerequisites; not doing so could delay progress through the program.
- Human resources management majors may not declare a minor in either management or marketing.