International Student Admissions
The presence of international students is regarded as a great source of cultural enrichment for the College community. The international insight and experience brought to the various graduate classrooms and the opportunity for American students to develop friendships with persons from widely divergent cultures have the potential to enhance the graduate experience. All international students studying at St. John Fisher College with student visas must enroll full-time (9 credits) each semester to comply with the regulations of the U.S. Immigration Service. International students have limited employment opportunities. Therefore, the applicant should not look to on-campus employment, either part-time during the academic year or full-time during official break periods, as a significant means of support while at the College.
Applicants for graduate international study must submit the following:
- Completed online application. The application must be signed and dated and all required information must accompany the application when it is submitted.
- Non-refundable application fee of US $30 payable to St. John Fisher College
- Course by course credit evaluation for their college transcripts from an approved international transcript evaluation service such as World Education Services
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if a student’s first language is not English. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) for graduate study. For the Internet-based test, an applicant will need to score at least an 80. Results of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are also accepted. The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5. Note: Foreign students who have received their undergraduate degrees from institutions in the United States are exempt from the TOEFL and IELTS.
- Required test scores for specific graduate programs (GRE or GMAT)
- Submission of Personal Goals Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current résumé
Once the items above have been received, an admissions decision can be made.
Additional items required for international applicants can be found online through the Graduate Admissions page. Information and documentation required for accepted international students can be found on the International Student Services site.