Dr. Colleen Donegan, Chair
Wegmans School of Nursing Graduate Program
The Wegmans School of Nursing offers five advanced practice (APRN) degree options:
The school offer the following degree programs at the Master's level:
- Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner (PCFNP), which qualifies the graduate to seek certification and employment as a family nurse practitioner.
- Adult/Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AGCNS), which qualifies the graduate to seek certification as a clinical nurse specialist in the adult/gerontology clinical specialty.
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), which qualifies the graduate to seek certification and employment as a nurse practitioner in this primary care specialty.
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), which qualifies the graduate to seek certification and employment as a nurse practitioner in this acute care specialty.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), which qualifies the graduate to seek certification and employment as psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.
Post-master’s certificates and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) options are available in all five program areas noted above.
Study in any of these programs prepares students to continue on to a doctoral program of study, if that is a career goal. In addition, the Wegmans School of Nursing offers the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program, which builds upon the master’s programs.
All applicants to the graduate program are considered on an individual basis. Applicants who meet admission requirements are considered for admission to the graduate nursing program at St. John Fisher College. All completed applications are reviewed by the graduate program director and a minimum of one graduate faculty person.
In addition to the materials and credentials outlined in the general admission requirements applicants must also submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation electronically submitted by individuals who are qualified at the master’s or higher level in nursing (APRNs preferred); individuals should note their highest degree with their signature. Letters of reference should attest to the applicant’s academic ability, professional competency, and personal character.
- Official transcript showing completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program and additional transcripts as indicated, including prior undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Evidence of current unencumbered New York State license as a registered professional nurse.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher is required for priority enrollment. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Minimum of one year of current clinical experience.
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), applicants must hold current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification and have one year of current acute care clinical experience
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program applicants are encouraged to have clinical experience in this specialty.
- Official transcript indicating successful completion of undergraduate courses in statistics, nursing research, and undergraduate health assessment (physical examination) with grades of “B” or higher.
- Written personal statement (refer to online application for specific requirements).
- Post-master’s certificate students must present evidence (official transcript) of completion of a master’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
Following admission to the graduate nursing program all students must meet clinical compliance prior to starting clinical courses.
Scholarships may be available for full- or part-time study.
For more information regarding application and admission to the nursing program, please contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions at (585) 385-8064 or by email at email@example.com.
For specific program information about the Master of Science in Nursing, please contact the program director, Dr. Colleen Donegan, at (585) 899-3788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.