Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1 Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically and analytically about media and communication from cultural, technological, and economic perspectives.
- Students will evaluate media history from cultural, technological, and economic perspectives.
- Students will apply research (quantitative/qualitative/legal) to develop skills of critical thinking and analysis in order to solve industry or academic-oriented problems.
- Students will analyze the cultural significance of media tests as they relate to issues of race, class, global cultures, and/or gender.
Goal #2 Students will have strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to prepare and present an oral presentation or performance in a way that displays an understanding of their audience and confidence in their delivery.
Goal #3 Students will have strong skills in writing.
- Students will write grammatically correct and in the appropriate professional manner with a specific purpose for an intended audience.
Goal #4 Students will demonstrate skills in visual production and communication technologies.
- Students will develop an understanding of the formal (aesthetic) aspects of design and visual communication.
- Students will demonstrate cross-platform (web, mobile, broadcast, print) storytelling skills.