Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1 Students will identify and analyze problems, and create strategic solutions by applying knowledge and research of media industries.
- Students will evaluate media history from cultural, technological, and economic perspectives.
- Students will apply research (quantitative/qualitative) to develop skills of critical thinking and analysis in order to solve industry or academic-oriented problems.
Goal #2 Students will consider both ethics and issues of diversity and global awareness to inform strategic decisions.
- Students will analyze ethical decision making in the media industry as it reflects issues of race, class, global cultures, and gender.
Goal #3 Students will have strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to prepare and present an oral presentation or performance in a way that displays an understanding of their audience and confidence in their delivery.
Goal #4 Students will have strong skills in writing.
- Students will write grammatically correct and in the appropriate professional manner with a specific purpose for an intended audience.
Goal #5 Students will demonstrate skills in visual production and communication technologies.
- Students will develop an understanding of the formal (aesthetic) aspects of design and visual communication.
- Students will demonstrate cross-platform (web, mobile, broadcast, video, print) storytelling skills.