B.A./B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies
All courses specified in the interdisciplinary studies major are included in the determination of the grade point average in the major.
There are two required courses for the interdisciplinary studies major: ITDY 260 and ITDY 460. Beyond these required courses, students take 30 additional elective credits (10 classes) in their selected areas of study. Students create this program in their ITDY 260 course, exploring the idea of interdisciplinary thinking and creating a thoughtful degree plan aligning with their interests and curiosity.
- ITDY 260 - Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies (3)
- ITDY 460 - Capstone in Interdisciplinary Studies (3)
- Five major elective courses at or beyond the 200 level (15)
- Five major elective courses at or beyond the 300 level (15)
Total: 36 credits
- The approved proposal for the ITDY major program (embedded in the course ITDY 260) should be submitted prior to completing the final four courses of the program of study.
- At least 1/2 of the major credits (18 credit hours) must be completed at St. John Fisher College.
- Students are permitted to double major, but no more than two courses may be shared between majors or between the ITDY major and a declared minor.
- Students have a choice between B.S. and B.A. programs. The B.A. requires completion of 90 credit hours of liberal arts, a minor as well as demonstrated proficiency in a foreign language. The B.S. requires 60 credits of liberal arts credits. All of these requirements can also count for the major or minor degrees.